New York, NY
Fox News Media is looking for a Music Supervisor, Sound Designer to join their team in New York, NY. As the Music Supervisory, Sound Designer, you are responsible for supporting the audio needs for both Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, Fox Nation and Fox Weather – including the editorial staff and the graphics department. You must work efficiently in a fast-paced news environment where multi-tasking is a must.
* Portfolio of sound design reel or links must be submitted for consideration.*
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support graphics department with sound design, music selection and ProTools editing and mixing for all animations, including all show material, segments, network IDs, and specials
• Find music for shows and segments
• Add sound effects to animations
• Maintain contracted music libraries
• Consultation for and dissemination of library music to production staff and graphics department
• Interface with control rooms including operation, transfer of audio, and maintenance of the DAD ENCO system
• Track all music use for submission to publishing agencies (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC etc.) through SoundMouse, including supervision of directors and production staff with regard to proper and timely creation and submission of cue sheets for all music played on air
• Understand and maintain all associated computer networks with regard to transfer, playout and use of music.
• Provide support for production staff and editors for use of music and sound design in all edited pre-tape packages
• Update Fox Publishing with regards to all music use, reporting and acquisition issues
• Enforce the FCC's CALM Act and monitor commercial volume using LKFS metering
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Ability to work quickly within Pro Tools
• Knowledge of SoundMouse
• Both Mac/PC proficiency
• Team player – an absolute must!
• Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes potential unscheduled overtime as dictated by breaking news or other production needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22752-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.