We believe in the future of entertainment – across all platforms and for all audiences. FOX has always given unfettered access to the moments that have collectively captivated us. The breaking story. The unmissable final. The outrageous touchdown. The shocking cliffhanger. We changed the game on sports and news production. Now we're looking to change the game again. We are pioneering the future of news, sports and entertainment in the digital realm.
It's an audacious mission. We're challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation.
And we're doing it by starting from scratch. Think of FOX as a start up with the backing of a fortune 500 corporation. You will be part of a new team with full permission to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
FOX has always been an advocate for the disruptive spirit. And now we're looking for like-minded people to push the boundaries on what entertainment can mean. Join us to help make the best of sports, news, and entertainment more personal, more immersive, and more interactive than ever before.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Media Control Center Operator is responsible for supporting the daily inbound transmission, outbound distribution and monitoring for all linear and digital platforms. The Media Control Center Operator interacts with Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News team to support daily transmission needs and testing of new distribution solutions.
Depending on your experience, you may be considered for a Senior-level Operator opportunity. This role is part of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across Fox networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great Fox content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Media Control Center Tech Operations
• Responsible for QA, monitoring, reporting & incident management across all linear, streaming (OTT) and digital platforms
• Perform the monitoring and switching of all inbound and outbound transmission systems
• Help troubleshoot and fix signal quality and routing issues and incidences according to standard operating procedures
• Perform live transmission signal check-ins with remote production venues during live events
• Manage rights windows during key events
• Manage live event schedules and feed windows
• Help set up equipment to receive and distribute feeds to and from the media control center
• Triage and escalate unresolved, high priority incidents to respective teams for resolution
• Communicate status updates to management teams, affiliates and other third party or downstream partners
Collaboration & Partnerships
• Support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
• Partner with Live Media, Consumer Products & Engineering and other Media Operations teams and steps in to help in other areas as needed
• Work closely with all business units and provide world-class customer service support.
Training and Career Development
• Jump on opportunities to learn new skills, especially in emerging technologies
• Utilize existing career development programs to advance career
• Aspire to perform at the highest level to deliver high quality products
• Make great contributions to the team and is an all-star team player
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Operator level experience
• Proven experience with complex national and regionalized sporting events
• Operator level experience with media transmission systems and terrestrial and satellite distribution systems
• Operator level experience with testing equipment such as signal generator, wave form monitors, and transport stream analyzers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
• Ability to communicate with your team and your customers
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• A Bachelor's Degree is awesome, but not required
• Experience and knowledge of digital and streaming platforms
• Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+
• You are a team player and care about your team's success
• You are confident to share audacious game-changing perspectives
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
• You enjoy being part of an all-star team and working in a start-up environment
• You are an all-star utility player with the flexibility to cross-train and work in different areas
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1xqe-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.