The Junior to Mid-Level C# Developer position will report into the Broadcast & Media Technology Application Development Group. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining mission-critical software applications to support various broadcast production and operational requirements in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with multiple engineering and production teams on projects in support of all Fox News Media entities including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation and the soon to be launched Fox Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with production, operations and engineering teams as needed to capture and document project requirements and scope
• Participate in proofs-of-concept and develop prototypes as needed to determine optimal design approaches.
• Interface with vendors and manufacturers to research and integrate 3rd-party software components with in-house developed applications
• Develop and maintain software applications using industry best practices and a range of tools including C#, JAVA, T-SQL, etc
• Document developed software and prepare training and support documentation as needed
• Specific projects you will be involved with in the short to mid-term include the following:
• Develop back-end data systems, production control systems and graphics applications to support the Fox Weather initiative
• Participate in the design & development of back-end systems to support the 2022 mid-term elections, including data feed parsers, SQL databases, web services APIs and updates to all election graphics applications as needed
• Participate in the design & development of new automated business graphics functionality for the Fox Business Network, including support for new financial data feeds
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience in MS-SQL database development (T-SQL) and administration
• Experience with REST API development and usage in Visual Studio/C#
• Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket)
• Demonstrable experience programming in C# under Visual Studio (.NET, .NET Core, etc.)
• General web programming (front-end, JAVA, web frameworks, etc.) experience
• Administrative experience in Windows 10, Windows Server platforms
• Strong written communication skills (e.g. ability to capture workflow requirements and develop detailed flowcharts and specifications)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A passion for learning and cross-training in new tools and technologies
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently as a self-starter and as part of teams in a collaborative manner
• Work additional hours as needed in support of product launches, special events (e.g. elections), etc.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with development in cloud-based environments (AWS)
• Experience in JIRA, SaleForce or other workflow management and/or CRM tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkemqk-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.