Event Operations Manager - Freelance
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
FOX EXPERIENCES + DESIGN is the internal brand engagement and experience agency providing strategic vision, planning, and production in events, design, and technology to all divisions of FOX Corporation, including the FOX Network, Tubi, FOX Sports, News, Distribution, and FOX Corporate.
We are hiring a Freelance Event Operations Manager to support our Award-Winning team for approximately 9-12 months. The ideal candidate will support the running of the operations of our Events team, including developing systems, processes, and timelines towards completing multiple large and small scale projects simultaneously; is an efficient and effective communicator with internal Sr. executives and external vendors alike; adheres to deadlines; anticipates potential roadblocks, adeptly and seamlessly pivoting when needed; continuously evaluates processes for maximum efficiencies; and has a proven track record of accomplishing these goals.
Though we operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, professionalism, a positive attitude, and a collaborative bent are necessary. As such, this position requires a diverse skill set, related but not limited to live and virtual event production, and knowledge of event-based and operational technology platforms.
This Freelance role is expected to last 9-12 months. The position works five days a week, with three days onsite. The day rate is $385.00.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the events team in streamlining departmental operations through document and timeline management
• Develop and create processes and workflows that create greater departmental efficiencies
• Develop and manage tracking process to support timely invoice receipt and payment flow
• Manage workflow of departmental contracts across the entire events team
• Manage the flow of stakeholder deck approvals from inception to completion on behalf of the events team keeping quality control and consistency top of mind
• Manage Monday.com workflow, building, and managing boards, and reports, remaining current in the latest Monday updates and tools
• Manage FED freelance needs internally and with HR
• Manage Global Events Calendar
• Manage expectations for project and team deliverables, supporting stakeholder communications and driving an effective system of project status tracking
• Update and manage FED vendor database
• Track event shipments to ensure proper delivery instructions and receipt of materials.
• Provide planning and on-site operational and logistics support as needed for the events team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of project management and event experience
• Proficient in MS Office programs, including but not limited to Word, Power Point, and Excel
• Knowledge of or ability to learn SalesForce and Monday.com platforms
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong communication and cross-functional skills, with the ability to engage, listen, and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align strategy through execution
• Possess strong decision-making abilities along with creative, project, and time management skills
• Able to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
• A self-starter, able to take initiative and work independently
• Highly motivated with strong work ethic and an aptitude for problem-solving
• Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
• Ability to work 10 hours per day, possibly longer based on the event
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Experience at an agency or entertainment studio with 2+ years in a supervisory role
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $48.13-48.13 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v5zj-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.