- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
WJW FOX 8, The Nexstar owned Fox affiliate in Cleveland is looking for a dynamic Creative Services Director who can help lead the next chapter of this renowned legacy station and dominant market leader.
If you are an experienced Creative Services Director who can generate and execute powerful and memorable marketing, messaging and branding you are an ideal candidate.
If you are an aggressive, sharp, strategic leader and a no-boundaries thinker who can create visually compelling images and write a form of storytelling that is both memorable and emotional then we are looking for you.
The optimum candidate must have a proven and highly successful track record for developing engaging, cut-through-the clutter campaigns across all platforms.
Our CSD must have a true passion for their craft and an innate understanding of the FOX 8 brand.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee, manage and lead our marketing and promotion department.
• Work closely as a collaborative team leader with the GM, news department and sales department and local production team on all forms of promotion, image campaigns, station events, profitable events, corporate initiatives, sales production and community affairs and client-sponsored programs.
• Oversee all public relations activities and develop working rapports with other local media including newspapers, social media coverage and radio stations.
• Work directly with station's media buyer to execute media plans within budgetary limits and have innovative ideas on how to effectively use all forms of outside media and all social platforms to promote and enhance our news content and news talent during rating periods and throughout the fiscal year.
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising, mass communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in media promotion.
• Leadership experience in guiding, directing, coaching, developing and motivating team members, including establishing performance standards and monitoring work effort and performance.
• Have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be extremely detail oriented and organized and a positive force within the station.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.