FOX 45, the Fox affiliate in Baltimore, MD is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and experienced full-time Host for our live lifestyle show, Baltimore Lifestyle. It's a live talk show that combines paid segments along with entertainment, community, and lifestyle segments. The live show airs Monday through Friday 10:30 am to 11 am every week. The ideal Host will produce and conduct live and taped paid and non-paid interviews, segments, and packages, go live in the field, participate in product demonstrations, produce segments in the studio and in the field. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and cell phones, in addition to television.
No day will look the same as a host, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Assists with daily show preparation and content generation
• Able to shoot, write and edit paid and non-paid stories
• Participates in pre and post-show meetings
• Contributes content to the website and all digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers on social media
• Produce sales segments (live and pre-taped) in rundown
• Create and order graphics for paid/non-paid segments
• Select or provide b-roll for interviews
• Call and schedule sales clients for in studio interviews and shoots
• Write and deliver interviews and stories in a clear and concise manner
• Meet with account executives regularly for show ideas that generate revenue
• Stack, write and help edit the :30 minute show
• All other duties as directed by management
Additionally, this person should have:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• A minimum of 1 year of on-air hosting experience on a Lifestyle Show or equivalent
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience shooting video, writing and editing long and short form packages, vignettes, Facebook lives, and other on air or digital assignments as needed
• Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills.
• Must work professionally and collaboratively and help foster a team environment with co-workers
• Professional interaction and collaboration with clients and guests is required
• The ability to carry out sales segments as assigned
• Sharp judgment
• Excellent technical skills
• The ability to work well independently
• Experience with live shots is required
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, and other office equipment
• The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and holidays as needed
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbe0xk-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.