WBFF FOX45 is seeking an experienced Business Manager (accounting/finance) to conduct the routine accounting requirements for the Station following GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations. This is an integral position that interfaces regularly with all Station management and reporting to the Regional Controller. Join our team as we work to connect people with content everywhere!
While no day is the same, a day in the life of a Business Manager might look like this:
• Work closely with accounting/finance management to prepare financial statements and variance reports
• Prepare year-end financial information for Corporate Accounting, Tax Department and assist internal/external auditors with any requests
• Leverage data to drive results and business decisions
• Complete general accounting functions on behalf of the location/station including close activities
• Prepare budgets/forecasts and advise and strategize with team leaders at the location/station to ensure everyone is within budget--operating and capital
• Assist with receivable and payable issues and provide approvals
• Process and approve trade agreements
• Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Review and approve sales commissions and bonuses
• Be the subject matter expert and location/station resource for accounting matters: like Sarbanes-Oxley, Company best practices, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
We think it would be great if your background looked something like this:
• Bachelor's degree in related field(s) - e.g., Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel software
- i.e., you consider yourself fluent in VLOOKUP, functions, conditional formatting, pivot tables/charts, formulas, and you might even dabble with VBA & Macros
• Previous experience in a role charged with the responsibility of accounting/finance and interfacing with various levels within the company
• Past experience that demonstrates your understanding of the importance of confidentiality in accounting and HR related matters
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP)
• Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek9z2-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.