- Full Time
Job DescriptionFOX31 and Colorado's Own Channel 2 have an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Content Producer in our Denver newsroom to contribute to and help manage KDVR.com, our mobile apps, social media channels, and our presence on emerging digital platforms.
The ideal candidate is passionate about news and digital media, a superb writer and copy editor, understands SEO best practices, is skilled at photo and video editing, and has a complete understanding of AP style. We're looking for someone with skills that will help us continue our enormous growth in digital traffic and social media engagement.
The Digital Content Producer will be creating content for multiple platforms and interacting with other areas of the newsroom throughout each day and needs to be comfortable with the speed and pace of a high-energy newsroom. Posting breaking and developing news quickly and efficiently on all platforms is a priority.
This position will be part of our digital team, experimenting and working to find new and engaging ways to reach people in the community. This role may include working early mornings, nights, and/or weekends.
• Post stories and videos to KDVR.com with a focus on compelling presentation of headlines and photos, along with SEO best practices.
• Stay on top of breaking local and national news and ensure important updates make it to all platforms as needed. Send push alert updates through our app. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories.
• Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and post a variety of content with a focus on generating click-throughs and high-quality engagement, as appropriate for each platform.
• Create images and graphics for social media platforms using Photoshop and additional web-based tools, as well as working with our graphics team to ensure we're posting high-quality content.
• Source and write trending stories and tease them effectively on Facebook.
• Publish video clips for our website, app, and YouTube. Ability to write strong video titles is essential.
• Stream live video on our website and app, as well as on Facebook Live.
• Work with reporters and producers to ensure all essential on-air content is appropriately posted on the web.
• Know AP style as well as best practices for presenting news online.
• Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, social metric tools such as CrowdTangle, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities.
• Experience in web producing or similar roles in print or television newsrooms.
• Comfort with working on a range of content management systems, social media management tools, newsroom software, and photo/video editing software.
• Ability to be a passionate, positive member of the station who can work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product.
• Passion for the news and digital media, and a commitment to fairness and accuracy.
• Curiosity about latest digital trends and a willingness to experiment independently with new ways to tell stories and reach a wider audience.
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary Range: $50k-$56k
• Paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, disability insurance, and life insurance
Please include examples of recent digital content you have created as part of your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.