Colorado Springs, CO
KXRM-TV, FOX21 in Colorado Springs, CO is searching for the next host for our hour-long Lifestyle Show. The style of the show is segment and interview-based, highlighting events and unique storytelling here in Southern Colorado. The skillset we are looking for will require strong ad-libbing and interview skills. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2-3 years' experience. Familiarity with I-News, Adobe Premier Editing System, and the Ross automated system puts you way ahead of the game.
The Talk Show Host is responsible for hosting a program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled.
• Provide daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Executive Producer with writing show segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location
• Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Executive Producer
• Attending daily show meeting
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the Executive Producer
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Video introduction is required
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
• Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.