- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Flyspace Productions is a full-service, woman owned event management and production company. We are responsible for producing some of the largest festivals and live events in the region, in addition to numerous private, corporate, and community events. We also provide our clients with support from a full-service, in house production department that includes the largest fleet of Stageline mobile stages on the east coast, a full concert audio department, lighting, truss, rigging, and staging. Finally, our Fine Art & Exhibition Services department provides expertise and hands on technical and art handling assistance for installations, exhibits, and public art projects.
We are seeking part-time stagehands and production assistants to work with us throughout the summer season. This work will be casual and paid hourly and is overtime eligible. Most of this work will take place in the Pittsburgh, PA region.
- Age 18 or older
- Previous experience in theater, events, concerts, or other production background highly desired
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Assist with the preparation of equipment in the shop including packing gear, loading and unloading trucks, and warehouse organization
- Assist with the set up, operation, and tear down of production and event equipment on site at events including tasks such as building stages, building decks, hanging audio systems, hanging lights, running cable, running power, setting up backstage, dressing room preparations, etc.
- Operate company vehicles when assigned to assist with transporting gear, making deliveries, or equipment maintenance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a forklift, lift, or lull or drive a box truck a plus
- Reliable transportation to event sites throughout the area
- Ability to lift, reach, stand, climb, and carry
- Ability to work long shifts at irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, sometimes for multiple days in a row
- This job is an hourly, as needed position and is paid weekly
- This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime
- The base rate for this position starts at $15 per hour and higher rates are available depending on applicant's experience, certifications, and background
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means a comprehensive or all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Flyspace Productions strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Flyspace Productions recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Flyspace Productions may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmo27v-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $15.00 to $25.00 Per Hour ($ USD)