Part Time Job
Live Audio Technician and Mixer
- Part Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Flyspace Productions is a full-service, woman owned event management company, project management, and event production company based in the heart of Pittsburgh, PA. We are responsible for the operation and production of over a dozen major festivals in Downtown Pittsburgh, as well as numerous special events and projects. We also operate full service production division with a full audio, lighting, and video department as well as a mobile stage department with the largest fleet of Stageline mobile stages on the East Coast. Additionally, Flyspace Productions provides technical support and production management for public art installations of all scales, as well as facility and production management for venues in downtown Pittsburgh.
About the Position
The Audio Mixer is a member of the Production Team and will report to the Audio Manager. This person is responsible for traditional audio work including mixing shows, preparing shows, and maintaining equipment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- FOH and Monitor mixing for concerts, festivals, and corporate events
- Lead the on-site team in setting up audio equipment for events
- Work in the shop to prepare shows before they are deployed, assist with designing systems and arrays, and assist with equipment maintenance and organization
- Transport equipment to and from shows using a company vehicle, most often a box truck or van
- 5+ years experience in live event audio production, with concert audio production experience highly desired
- Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT Med Card
- CDL License a plus
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Proficiency in the following systems:
- multitrack recording and editing
- Dante Level 2
- Waves SoundGrid
- Line Array System Development (we primarily use Electro-Voice and JBL)
- Shure Wireless Workbench 6
- AVID, Digico, and Yamaha digital mixing consoles
- Maturity and understanding of the artistic process and the ability to work closely with clients, including artists, performers, and designers, in a diplomatic way
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule that may include long hours and irregular times, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
This position is an hourly, as needed role with full time and part time positions available. Part time rates range from $20-$32 per hour. Full time positions are commensurate with experience and begin at $40,000. These are non-exempt positions and are eligible for overtime.
The majority of this work will take place in Pittsburgh, PA with occasional travel as needed to show sites in the region.
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means a comprehensive or all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Flyspace Productions strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Flyspace Productions recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Flyspace Productions may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzb4o-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $20.00 to $32.00 Per Hour ($ USD)