Senior Account Executive, Global Sustainability & Social Impact
This is a Public Relations agency based position- 3-4 years of prior PR work experience is required.
Be an integral part of one of the fastest-growing integrated public relations and marketing agencies. We're looking for a resourceful, self-starter who shares our Work Hard|Play Nice values and can't wait to be part of our bustling and collaborative team. The ideal candidate thrives on tackling new challenges every day, is passionate about sustainability, climate change, and/or environmental justice, and is energized by the prospect of growing a career with many possibilities.
We're looking for someone to join our growing Global Sustainability & Social Impact team who is excited to provide strategic support to current and potential new business clients, can showcase connections to local and national media, and support multiple projects and team members. Experience working in public relations sustainability, climate change or environmental justice initiatives is required for this position. In this role you will develop Sustainability/ESG strategies, programs, and communications for Fortune 500 companies. As a Senior Account Executive, you will be a key member of our tight-knit, collaborative, and highly motivated team engaged in a range of assignments spanning sustainability strategy, media relations, thought leadership, social media and stakeholder engagement.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based in our Chicago office. **
• Serve as a point of contact for clients and handle day-to-day activities of the account team, client projects and account management to ensure exceptional service to our clients.
• Create sustainability messaging, original content, media pitching, ESG reporting and Awards & Rankings.
• Develop strong relationships with client contacts and advance communications strategies that embrace the client's strategy and positioning. The Account Supervisor will also work with junior and senior staff to support clients and grow the practice including supporting new business development, research, program development and presentations.
• Develop media strategy and outreach on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues; build and maintain strong relationships with executive client contacts; manage day-to-day account activities; develop and execute campaigns and ESG Reports; assist with new business development and proposals; and actively participate in team brainstorms and staff meetings.
• 3-4 years sustainability/ESG experience at PR agency or in-house
• Experience supporting the development of corporate sustainability strategies
• Experience writing and managing the development of ESG reports
• Knowledge of industry standards and reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD and IIRC and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals reporting frameworks
• Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
• Strong project management and client relationship skills
• Strong communications skills both oral and written, including editing skills with attention to detail
• Proven experience in pitching stories to trade and top-tier media outlets
• Experience in developing Awards & Rankings submissions, including strategy, researching and writing submissions
• Experience supporting the development of stakeholder engagement strategies
• Experience supporting materiality assessments
• A bachelor's degree in communications, finance or sustainability-related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnj4y-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.