FINN Partners is looking for a Research Director to join its Global Intelligence team. This role is an integral part of the team and requires critical thinking about the art of asking questions, developing and executing research strategies, and team/project management skills.
The Research Director is responsible for conducting in-depth subject matter expert interviews, conducting secondary research on targeted industries, creating and executing surveys, and working closely with the strategy and planning team members in distilling key insights into actionable client recommendations and insights. The opportunity is a great fit for those with a passion for quantitative and qualitative market research, problem solving, and helping build a world-class data-driven consultancy.
The Research Director will be responsible for developing research strategy and execution plans, conducting interviews with subject matter experts, designing high volume online surveys, identifying key themes from research, supporting teammates responsible for quantitative modeling in data acquisition, report production, and advising clients of key findings.
Our strategy, planning, and consulting teams work closely to deliver high-touch services and actionable results to clients. The firm operates with a relatively flat hierarchy, giving team members the ability to own sections of each project and further their professional development. The Research Director will collaborate with all members of the FINN Global Intelligence team and will work directly with PR, communications, integrated marketing, CSR/ESG, and public affairs teams within FINN Partners. The ideal candidate will be curious, self-motivated, derive satisfaction in doing an assignment with precision, and be interested in continuing to develop an industry-leading organization.
The Research Director is a remote position, preferably in the Eastern time zone and requires a disciplined individual focused on developing their own career.
What you bring to the table:
• 8-10 years or more of work experience in research
• Required experience (5+ yrs) in communications, marketing, sales, public affairs, and/or public relations
• Required communications agency experience (PR, PA, marketing, etc.)
• Synthesizes research and insights with brevity and clarity
• Communicates - both orally and in written form - with brevity and clarity
• Asks good questions, challenge assertions, and defend your position
• Takes pride in your work, constantly improves your craft, and welcomes feedback as part of your pursuit of improvement.
• Research design across multiple research instruments and approaches
• Oversee and assist in writing high volume online surveys
• Manage small team of survey writers, interviewers, research coordinators
• Quantitative skill leadership such as - Designing quantitative research, writing banner plans, designing weighting schemes, detailing insights and reporting findings
• Work across functional areas to support qualitative and quantitative research efforts
• Lead the development and presentation of client reports
• Plan and organize primary research strategy and how it syncs with other research efforts
• Research and synthesize publicly available data sources
• Lead in identifying subject matter experts to interview
• Discuss with engagement team key findings from primary research efforts to distill the so-what into actionable client recommendations
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington DC
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3nxq-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.