Public Relations Assistant Account Executive, Technology PR (NYC)
Public Relations Assistant Account Executive - Technology (NYC)
Location: The AAE position is part of our Finn Partners New York, NY Office's Technology Public Relations team. This is a hybrid role working Tuesdays-Wednesdays-Thursdays in-office and Mondays and Fridays working remotely. We seek qualified applicants residing in the NYC metropolitan area who are available for immediate hire for this full time, direct hire role.
Finn Partners, an award-winning public relations and integrated marketing global agency, has an opening for a Public Relations Assistant Account Executive for its expanding public relations New York Technology practice.
Our team is one of the best in the industry! We seek people who are passionate about communications and are ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the success of our PR team. This is an opportunity to work with clients who are leaders in their technology sectors, including those focused on artificial intelligence, remote work, virtual and augmented reality, sustainability, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and consumer devices/technologies. We embody our CEO's favorite phrase ''work hard and play nice'', and are a team of kind, collaborative, dedicated public relations pros.
You will join one of the leading agency technology teams working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. Candidates must have related prior public relations agency-based professional work experience (includes PR internships) to effectively manage and grow client campaigns.
• Monitoring client and competitive media coverage
• Developing and maintaining media lists
• Drafting pitches and conducting media outreach
• Conducting secondary research and writing measurement report drafts
• Writing news releases and other media content
• Staffing media briefings and/or events
• Participating in team brainstorms
• Supporting new business initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in communications, PR or journalism.
• At least 1 year of prior work experience in public relations (PR agency-based experience is strongly preferred). Cumulative PR internship timeframes will be counted towards the 1 year of prior PR experience.
• Prior PR agency technology practice internship experience highly desirable. Applicants without experience serving technology clients will still be considered for this position if the applicants have strong PR agency-based experience in a different client practice specialty.
• Familiarity with public relations/communications programs as evidenced through coursework, internships, or related work experience.
• An interest and desire to work with technology clients.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Ability to adapt to new situations/challenges.
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Experience with measurement tools (i.e., TrendKite) highly preferred, but not required.
#LI-KM1 New York, NY
Anticipated Salary: $38,000 – 40,000K. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
Please upload your resume and cover letter, as well as indicate your target salary in $US Dollars that falls within our stated budget for this role. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named ''Best Midsize Agency'' in 2020 and in 2015, ''Best Agency to Work For'' in 2013, and ''Best New Agency'' in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, we have 1300+ employees in 32 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56100-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.