Publicist / Media Specialist
New York, NY
Finn Partners' Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Social Impact practice works with a broad range of corporations, nonprofits, associations and government agencies to raise awareness for major social causes and issues. Our campaigns on STEM education, early childhood literacy, sustainability, women's economic empowerment, truancy, mental health, veteran affairs, domestic violence and sexual assault, among other areas, have strengthened our clients' reputations and elevated the voices of those on the frontlines. More importantly, they have led to tangible social impact across multiple sectors.
I. Job Summary:
This position in the Finn Partners' CSR & Social Impact team provides an opportunity to develop social impact and sustainability campaigns for major corporations, non-profits and global foundations and advance social good through integrated communications and marketing. As our team's Media Specialist, you will be a key member of our tight-knit, collaborative and highly motivated team engaged in a range of assignments spanning media relations, publicity-driven events and thought leadership and C-Suite publicity efforts. You will be an active contributor to the quality work and media outcomes we generate daily for an array of clients. Specific responsibilities will include intensive media pitching; building and maintaining strong relationships with press and executive client contacts; developing marketing assets that will pique media interest; event planning and execution; assisting with new business development and proposals; and actively participating in team brainstorms and staff meetings. You will come equipped with strong media contacts; extensive experience in client relations; proven track record in media relations; excellent writing skills; and strong attention to detail. Experience working in sustainability, climate change or United Nations-related initiatives a major plus.
II. Skills Required:
• Media relations and proven ability to secure media placements.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
• Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work as member of a team.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work with detailed information and complex social issues.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Availability to travel.
V. Recommended Background:
• College degree
• At least 3 years of agency/PR experience (preferably more) in CSR, Sustainability and/or Consumer.
• Strong understanding of public relations.
• Some knowledge of or interest in client or practice area.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.