At Finn Partners, we believe that every marketing and communication initiative should be grounded on customer, market, and cultural insights. We are looking for a Marketing Business Intelligence Director that relishes diving into all forms of research and data that will inspire new ideas.
You will be part of a growing and award-winning team called Finn Global Intelligence, responsible for managing all types of research to inform strategic direction on a variety of PR and marketing communication assignments. You will know how to swiftly draft and execute a research plan. Your art is to synthesize all types of information and transform it into clear, succinct themes to influence strategy direction, creative and campaign development in branding, social, digital, earned media, and content applications. You will work collaboratively and know how to partner with agency teams as the insight resource to validate relevancy, discover opportunities and consult on campaign effectiveness. You will enjoy mentoring and developing team members.
Specifically, you will spend your day at Finn Global Intelligence working on:
• Identifying the best research design using primary and secondary research tools
• Facilitating brainstorms, workshops, and being a key member of internal and external meetings
• Developing research findings, creating strategic briefs, building big presentations, and providing ad hoc insights that will help cross-functional team members execute their plan
• Partnering with multiple cross-functional team members as the business intelligence and market trend expert
• Guiding internal teams and clients to the opportunistic areas for brand awareness and business growth
• Helping manage Finn Global Intelligence data and analytics staff on performance metrics
• Mentoring and managing mid-level team members
You'll distill marketing intelligence to uncover compelling insights using the following:
• Demonstrated proficiency and understanding with social media tracking, media listening, and influencer identification platforms like Talkwalker, Infegy, NewsWhip, Meltwater, Traackr and the development of insights from the data these services collect
• Demonstrated proficiency with resources including Kantar, MRI, Nielsen/IRI, Iconoculture, Synthesio, industry trend reports; directing discovery work of junior team members
• Up-to-date knowledge on demographic, social, industry trends, and will monitor trends in areas related to FINN sector practice areas
• Identification of new sources of information and distill that into updates to industry sector teams and FINN offices worldwide
• Demonstrated expertise across qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• Developed conceptual measurement frameworks and collaborations with analytics teams to develop reporting systems and dashboards
• A self-starter, eager to jump right in and uncover information in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable about the multiple industry categories and have major brand experience in a variety of different industries
• Understand the importance and nuances of digital transformation
• Someone who can identify new content and stories that appeal to different audiences
• Flexible and can thrive with ambiguity
You can brag about:
• Recent 6-10 years of hands-on research experience (research or strategy positions) at a creative, communications, marketing agency or on the corporate side (insights, marketing, or strategy roles)
• Over 6-10 years in other strategic capacities (all types of verticals welcome)
• Your ability to conduct all facets of primary and secondary research independently. You have solid quantitative skills (at least 1 year of multi-tasking in quantitative methodologies)
• Vendor identification, management, and completing projects on time and within budget
• Background in Account Planning, Brand Strategy, Strategic Planning, Communications Planning, or other related Marketing Strategy expertise.
• Outstanding oral and written storytelling skills as well as presentation skills
• Showcase ability to not just produce findings but identify the opportunities that clients and cross-functional teams should be doing based on the data.
• Creating personas, patient and buyer journeys, content, and messaging frameworks.
• Bachelor's Degree. Marketing or market research, information technology, human behavior, or psychology majors are a big plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzy302-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.