Partner in Training /Pit - Health Practice, Public Relations
New York, NY
The Consumer Marketing Strategy Planner will provide deep consumer understanding and insight to inform the development of marketing and communications solutions at every stage. You will manage and synthesize all the research and process required to inform strategy, ideation, creative development, and campaigns. You will be part of a growing team inside one of the fastest growing independent communications agencies in the world, flanked by a team of smart, energetic data scientists, researchers, analysts and program managers.
You will lead the discovery process, directing work of junior team members, to inform strategy and ideation:
• Collaborate with agency creative, media planning, marketing technology, digital marketing, media relations, and client leadership.
• Demonstrate expertise with FINN Global Intelligence team briefing templates; crafting inspiring creative briefs and motivating briefing sessions; represent the voice of the consumer/shopper throughout the process.
• Represent the strategy and creative brief through the development of creative, activation and marketing plans to ensure the agency's work reflects the approved strategy.
• Uncover insights based on discovery and analysis.
You'll distill marketing intelligence to uncover compelling insights:
• Demonstrated proficiency with resources including Kantar, MRI, Nielsen/IRI, Iconoculture, Synthesio, industry trend reports, directing discovery work of junior team members.
• Keep up with demographic, social, industry trends, and monitor trends in areas related to FINN sector practice areas.
• Identify new sources of information and provide updates to industry sector teams and FINN offices worldwide.
• Demonstrate expertise across qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
• Develop conceptual measurement frameworks and collaborate with analytics teams to develop reporting systems and dashboards.
Qualifications we seek:
• A strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative - must be able to work autonomously or in collaboration with other teams, especially our teams.
• A history of leveraging a data-informed, holistic view of the client's business, category dynamics, cultural intelligence and human behavior to drive creative solutions that deliver value for brands, preferably working on variety of major consumer brands.
• A desire to recommend and implement research, listening methodologies and data hacking to gain insights that address client business issues.
• An understanding of the key trends that drive consumer behavior and affect the way that brands communicate – always living at the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity.
• Ability to create an insight that is actionable and provides a unique point-of-view.
• A demonstrated understanding of client deliverables and their expected business outcomes
• Comfortability working on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, adept at leading meetings and workshops with clients and colleagues
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred. Research, human behavior or psychology-related majors are a big plus.
• 6-10 years of experience in marketing and/or strategic services organizations such as an advertising agency account planning department, marketing strategy, consulting firm or other relevant field. Major consumer-facing advertising agencies experience a huge plus.
• Working knowledge in media, digital marketing technologies and/or multi-channel planning to effectively work with those agency functions staff.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to support strategy development.
• Background in Account Planning, Brand Strategy, Strategic Planning, Communications Planning or other related Marketing Strategy expertise.
• Outstanding oral and written storytelling skills as well as presentation skills
• Ideally the person for this role thrives on the impact they can have on bringing ideas to life and is interested in all forms of strategy, planning and thinking.
Location can be almost any of our office locations in the United States.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7x5m-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.