Associate Vice President / VP: Sports Public Relations Agency (NYC)
FINN Sports is looking for either an AVP or VP to join our expanding public relations agency team, and work with exciting clients including professional sports leagues, sports betting, e-sports, college sports, sports technology, and more. The right candidate will have 8 years of PR agency experience, including a strong record of working with clients and media in the sports industry. Candidates must have a proven record of leading and motivating, creating inspiring PR plans/campaigns, and delivering excellent media results for clients. The role will report to and collaborate directly with the Senior Partner of FINN Sports.
FINN Sports is a public relations practice within FINN PARTNERS, the fastest growing integrated marketing agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute.
This Associate Vice President / VP role is a full-time position in our global HQ, in NYC. It is preferred that this individual work in our NYC office with the rest of the Sports PR team. But working from another Finn Partners USA office location is also an option for the person selected for this role (www.finnpartners.com - Finn Partners USA office locations).
• Lead the execution of integrated and successful sports and gaming public relations campaigns/programs that exceed client goals.
• Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide proper direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients.
• Develop and grow senior client relationships.
• Help to lead internal sports team and drive growth; provide proper feedback and guidance; motivate to be creative and achieve excellent results.
• Review and develop press materials, including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, key messages, Q&As, and executive remarks.
• Develop and execute successful communications media strategy for clients; manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts.
• Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of sports, business, technology, consumer, lifestyle, and news publications.
• Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts.
• Maintain solid understanding of sports and broader sports landscape; develop opportunistic client storyline recommendations and communication strategy surrounding them.
• Generate new business opportunities and secure new sports clients; research, and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results.
• Bachelor's degree required. Post-graduate degree a plus.
• Sports PR experience and strong industry media relationships.
• Proven history of leading a team and driving results.
• Exceptional media relations with top-tier national and trade outlets; proven history of media placements and established contacts.
• Ability to develop and execute successful media relations programs.
• Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
• Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
• Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player.
• Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1x40-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.