Manager - Integrated Marketing
New York, NY
Associate Vice President – CSR & Social Impact Public Relations (NYC)
FINN CSR & Social Impact is looking for an Associate Vice President to join our expanding public relations agency team, and work with corporations, nonprofits, start-ups, philanthropies and government agencies to raise awareness for major social causes and issues. The ideal candidate will have between 6 to 10 years of CSR public relations experience, a true passion to make a difference, a proven record of leading and motivating teams, creating inspiring and impactful PR plans/campaigns, building C-Suite executive visibility, and delivering excellent media results for clients. The role will report to and collaborate directly with the Managing Partner of FINN CSR & Social Impact.
FINN Partners is the fastest growing integrated marketing agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute.
This VP role is a full-time onsite position in our global HQ, in NYC. The Managing Partner prefers that the VP work out of our NYC office with the rest of the CSR PR team but is amenable to the VP working from another Finn Partners USA office location instead if it is within commute distance to the VP's current home (see www.finnpartners.com website for Finn Partners USA office locations).
• Lead the execution of integrated and successful CSR and social impact public relations campaigns/programs that exceed client goals
• Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide proper direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients
• Develop and grow senior client relationships
• Build thought leadership platforms for C-Suite executives; developing narratives, booking speaking engagements, generating top-tier earned media
• Review and develop press materials, including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, key messages, Q&As, and executive remarks
• Develop overall communications media strategy for clients; manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts
• Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of sustainability, health & wellness, business, technology, consumer, lifestyle, and news publications
• Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts
• Maintain solid understanding of CSR and broader sustainability landscape; develop opportunistic client storyline recommendations and communication strategy surrounding them
• Generate new business opportunities and secure new CSR clients; lead in the development of new business proposals and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results
• Lead internal CSR team and drive their growth; provide proper feedback and guidance; motivate to be creative and achieve excellent results.
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA or post-graduate degree a plus
• 6 to 10 years CSR PR experience, preferably working with clients in tech, mental health or sustainability
• Proven history of leading team and driving results
• Exceptional media relations with many top-tier national and trade outlets; proven history of media placements and established contacts
• Ability to develop and execute successful media relations programs
• Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
• Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadline
• Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player.
• Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.