Assistant Account Executive - Technology Public Relations Agency
LOCATION: Our team is based in New York, NY. We seek applicants for this AAE role who already reside in the metropolitan NYC community. We offer either an NYC in-office work schedule or a hybrid (work in-office/ from home) work schedule to qualified candidates. This role is open now and we seek applicants available for immediate hire.
We currently offer the following perks:
• Generous time-off policy with extra time off with pay during the summer + paid time off during our office closure between Christmas and New Year's Day
• Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany's!)
• Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
• Wellness subsidy
• Outstanding insurance / benefits
Now that we've (hopefully) sold you on us, let's get to the role.
This Assistant Account Executive in our Technology PR team is a full time public relations agency position and a great match for applicants who live in metropolitan NYC area, already have their public relations or communications college degree, and have either prior PR related work experience or PR internships experience working with technology industry clients. This position is available right now, and it is not an internship role.
Our public relations team is one of the best in the industry. We seek people who are passionate about communications, ready to roll up their sleeves, and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to work with clients who are leaders in their technology sectors, including those focused on remote work, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, sustainability, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and consumer devices/technologies. You will join one of the leading PR agency technology teams working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. You will effectively manage and grow client campaigns. This position will also pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage and cultivate staff members, and help set the tone for how the business is managed. Working within this dedicated PR team of seasoned professionals where collaboration, kindness, and dedication to our clients are all highly valued, will provide you opportunities to grow your public relations experience and skill set.
• Monitoring client and competitive media coverage
• Developing and maintaining media lists
• Drafting pitches and conducting media outreach
• Conducting secondary research and writing measurement report drafts
• Writing news releases and other media content
• Staffing media briefings and/or events
• Participating in team brainstorms
• Supporting new business initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in communications, PR, or journalism.
• At least 1 year of prior work experience in public relations (PR agency-based experience is strongly preferred). PR internship timeframes will be counted towards the 1 year of prior PR experience.
• Prior PR agency technology practice internship experience highly desirable. Applicants without experience serving technology clients will still be considered for this position if the applicants have strong PR agency-based experience in a different client practice specialty.
• Familiarity with public relations/communications programs as evidenced through coursework, internships, or related work experience.
• An interest and desire to work with technology clients.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Ability to adapt to new situations/challenges.
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Experience with measurement tools (i.e., TrendKite) highly preferred, but not required.
New York, NY #LI-KM1
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3873q-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.