ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR – PR Global Sustainability & Social Impact - Chicago
This is a Public Relations agency based position- prior PR work experience is required.
Finn Partners is a global integrated marketing agency that continue to expand. We are seeking an experienced public relations agency Account Supervisor to join our Global Sustainability and Social Impact group in our Midwest Team (Chicago Office). Experience working in public relations sustainability, climate change or environmental justice initiatives is required for this position. You will develop Sustainability/ESG strategies, programs and communications for Fortune 500 companies. As an Account Supervisor, you will be a key member of our tight-knit, collaborative, and highly motivated team engaged in a range of assignments spanning sustainability strategy, media relations, thought leadership, social media and stakeholder engagement.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based within our Chicago office . **
• Serve as a point of contact for clients and handle day-to-day activities of the account team, client projects and account management to ensure exceptional service to our clients.
• Create sustainability messaging, original content, media pitching, ESG reporting and Awards & Rankings.
• Develop strong relationships with client contacts and advance communications strategies that embrace the client's strategy and positioning. The Account Supervisor will also work with junior and senior staff to support clients and grow the practice including supporting new business development, research, program development and presentations.
• Develop media strategy and outreach on environmental and sustainability issues; build and maintain strong relationships with executive client contacts; manage day-to-day account activities; develop and execute campaigns; assist with new business development and proposals; and actively participate in team brainstorms and staff meetings.
• A bachelor's degree in communications, finance or sustainability-related field
• 4-6 years sustainability/ESG experience at PR agency or in-house corporate marketing dept.
• Experience supporting the development of corporate sustainability strategies.
• Experience writing and managing the development of ESG reports.
• Knowledge of industry standards and reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD and IIRC and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals reporting frameworks.
• Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
• Strong project management and client relationship skills.
• Strong communications skills both oral and written, including editing skills with attention to detail.
• Proven experience in pitching stories to trade and top-tier media outlets
• Experience in developing Awards & Rankings submissions, including strategy, researching and writing submissions.
• Experience supporting the development of stakeholder engagement strategies.
• Experience supervising and guiding junior staff.
• Experience supporting materiality assessments.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Availability to travel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkm41-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.