Do you want to dust off your travelling bag and explore the world? Come and join FINN Partners, an award-winning global integrated communications agency. Recent client wins mean that we are on the hunt for a talented public relations and social media account executive or senior account executive for our UK travel PR practice. You will need experience of media relations and pitching, writing, and social media comms as well as a passion for the travel industry as we prepare for take-off once again. The coming months are crucial in travel communications as restrictions change and the news agenda has all eyes on what the industry is doing. With tourism boards, airlines, hotel groups, tour operators and big travel industry names counting on us to get it right, we are keen to meet with candidates who are hungry for success, have a keen eye for a story, digitally savvy, creatively minded and extremely organised. Language skills are a bonus.
In pre-pandemic times, our team were serial globe-trotters and we are looking forward to the world opening up again this year and those opportunities to explore will be part of this role. Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely and have been doing so effectively for over a year. When the time is right we will return to our new office in Liverpool Street with flexible working options.
Account executive duties include:
• Supporting the wider PR and social media team on day to day activities
• Monitoring the media
• Collating and evaluating media coverage
• Assisting with PR and social media campaigns
• Getting involved in research
• Drafting press releases
• Creating content calendars
• General administrative support
• Regular maintenance of timesheets
• Keeping media lists up to date
• Attending industry events and networking
• Establishing relationships with media
Candidates should possess the following key skills
• Enthusiasm and desire to be involved in and understand to the UK media and PR
• General awareness of the PR campaigns of tourism destinations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for travel and the tourism and hospitality industry
• Willingness to build media and trade contacts in relevant fields
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Attention to detail, organisation and confidence are all a must
• Resourceful and innovative
• Team player
• IT skills
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9148m-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.