Account Manager - Travel
London, United Kingdom
Come and join FINN Partners, an award-winning global integrated communications agency. Recent client wins mean that we are on the hunt for a talented public relations account executive for our UK travel PR practice. You will need experience of media relations and pitching, writing, and social media comms as well as a passion for the travel industry as we prepare for take-off once again. The coming months are crucial in travel communications as restrictions change and the news agenda has all eyes on what the industry is doing. With tourism boards, airlines, hotel groups, tour operators and big travel industry names counting on us to get it right, we are keen to meet with candidates who are hungry for success, have a keen eye for a story, creatively minded and extremely organised. Language skills are a bonus.
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely and have been doing so effectively for over a year. When the time is right we will return to our new office in Liverpool Street with flexible working options and when international restrictions are lifted, press trips will be back on the agenda!
• Write and distribute materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and programme elements.
• Develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development.
• Handle media requests.
• Research and monitor client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
• Create and maintain media lists
• Organise and host press trips
• Create content across social including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitch
• Influencer outreach
• Assist with administrative tasks such as preparation and distribution of publications, preparation of meeting agendas and drafting of meeting notes/reports.
• Monitor media to report coverage that affects the clients' business
• Handle research of the clients' business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
• Assist in research and preparation for new business pitches.
• Coordinate production and distribution of material with internal service departments to create print and video products.
• Organise and implement events and promotions for the client.
• Support client at events or trade shows.
• Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
• Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, influencers, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client's message.
• Good organisational skills
• Demonstrate mastery over all basic communication skills, including writing, proofing, editing, and public speaking.
• Knowledge of influencer landscape and opportunities
• Skills in social media content creation and planning
• Ability to work as member of a team.
• Ability to generate ideas and think creatively.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to organise and prioritise work under pressure.
• Ability to work with detailed information.
• Skills in project management.
• Computer literacy.
• Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and passion
• Team player
• Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
• Quality of work
• Presentation skills
• Creative problem solving
• General knowledge of travel industry
• Good knowledge of digital
• General understanding of public relations.
• Some knowledge of media relations from key trade publications to national outlets.
• Some work experience in public relations or a related field with a minimum of 1 year of agency/PR experience.
• University degree.
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html .
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.