Partner in Training /Pit - Health Practice, Public Relations
New York, NY
Finn Partners is currently seeking an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive to join our Higher Education practice in either Washington, DC or NYC to deliver outstanding public relations services to colleges and universities as well as non-profit organizations and corporations that support higher education.
Candidates should have experience working in education or ed tech and demonstrated ability in building and leading traditional and social media relations programs, along with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. We offer a people-oriented, collaborative environment and an opportunity to grow and learn from colleagues.
• Intensive media pitching to secure top tier and trade media opportunities for clients (i.e.: identify appropriate reporters/outlets for pitching, develop relationships with beat reporters and producers; swiftly capitalize on trending news to provide expert commentary)
• Devise creative strategies to maximize traditional and social media
• Write pitches, backgrounders, talking points, etc., and build/maintain accurate media lists
• Deliver high-quality results that meet and exceed client goals, tracking work through agreed upon metrics and producing reports for clients
• Collaborate with other Finn Partners practice teams as is appropriate (Health, Integrated Marketing, Tech, etc.)
• Manage priorities and time among several client teams
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor's degree
• Minimum two to three years' agency experience (work on higher education-related clients a plus) or in a communications role at a college/university, in other education or ed tech companies
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of a range of media outlets – and coverage results
• Experience executing traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
• Ability to work as member of a team
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88986-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.