Account Executive, Manufacturing Public Relations Agency (NYC)
Account Executive - Manufacturing Public Relations Agency (NYC)
The Manufacturing public relations team, of FINN Partners (a global integrated marketing agency), is seeking an Account Executive. We are located in the Finn Partners New York City global headquarters on the upper east side of Manhattan. This is a new position being added to our Manufacturing PR team due to business growth. Our diverse client base ranges from multi-billion-dollar global organizations to entrepreneurial regionally focused companies that operate in industries such as packaging, pharmaceuticals, robotics, and automation. Our forte is working closely with clients, deeply rooting ourselves in their business to understand challenges and opportunities, and then proactively offering ideas to accelerate growth.
Our ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, an inquisitive nature, displays resourcefulness, proactivity and flexibility and thinks creatively to generate new ideas. The candidate should also have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be detail oriented and be able to see projects to completion on deadline. The position requires the ability to think strategically and multi-task; solid presentation and speaking skills are also critical.
• Helping execute several client programs as directed by our mid-level and senior staff. This includes keeping teams and deliverables organized, ensuring they meet internal or client requirements, and verifying that work is performed to established standards.
• Creating a variety of public relations and marketing content. The AE must display an understanding of the basics of PR writing and possess a solid writing foundation. Examples of this writing content the AE will create include - case studies, press releases, social media posts, website copy etc. The AE periodically also receives technical documents/data from our clients to use as basis for creating public relations documents for release to the public.
• Serving as our team's day-to-day client contact person (in conjunction with other members of our team).
• Being an active participant in team and client meetings, including contributing ideas.
• Conducting media relations efforts to generate targeted publicity in print and online trade and business media.
• Creating media pitches.
• Cultivating relationships with key client contacts as well as the media.
• Regularly articulating ideas for organic business growth and agency improvement.
• 2 or more years of full-time work experience in a public relations agency or corporate setting (full time employment years plus PR internship years count towards the 2-year requirement).
• Outstanding writing and editing skills.
• Media relations experience, including developing pitches and/or engaging with the media to generate coverage.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Displays proactivity, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Experience using a range of digital and social media tools.
• Aptitude for understanding and interest in technology-based businesses.
• Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude, and curious nature.
• Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is an asset but not a requirement.
• Enjoy working with other talented people in a creative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8nvk-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.