Sr. Data Engineer
Beverly Hills, CA
What would you do at Fandango?
• Participate in Agile working practices such as daily standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews & retrospectives
• Perform QA activities such as estimation, test planning & design, test execution, defect reporting, test results analysis & reporting for manual & automation testing
• Develop & maintain automation frameworks that meet our solution needs & will scale for future growth across a variety of products & technologies
• Write & enhance current mobile test suite for manual & automated testing
• Identify, leverage & successfully implement opportunities to improve test efficiency & reliability for our test suites
• Continuously review how our test strategy aligns w/ the latest available technologies & industry trends
• Recommend ways to improve the effectiveness of our test efforts.
• Monitor automated nightly test runs, analyze test results & quickly be able to target & fix test failures
• Help implement & enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration & continuous deployment pipelines
• Be an integrated part of an agile development team, working interactively w/ software engineers, test engineers & product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
• Contribute in continuous improvement of product development & quality practices to make the team more efficient, deliver higher quality products & ship on time.
• Other duties may be assigned
Who you are:
• Passionate about different types of platforms including Smart TV, Streaming boxes, Game Consoles, Mobile, and Web
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Excited to hone your craft
• Can take initiative to solve issues
What you have done:
• Bachelors Degree from a four-year college/university in related field & 5-7 years testing experience; or equivalent combination of training & experience
• 3+ years of professional experience with progressive complexity and scope in an Agile environment
• 3+ years of professional experience with automated testing frameworks (Cypress, WebdriverIO, SOAPUI, Selenium, JUnit, or BDD framework, etc.)
• 3+ experience coding in an OO or Scripting language, writing tests or features or both
• Experience leading/mentoring others on a team, candidate should have a general passion for this
What You Know
• Deep understanding of test practices: black box, white box, grey box, etc.
• Strong experience with Agile Testing: contributing to stories, reading and writing Acceptance Criteria, etc.
• Experience with CI/CD concepts
• Experience working with SaaS based products is preferred
• Experience with API testing techniques
• Experience working in Continuous integration platforms (Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo) in conjunction with automated artifact deployment and testing
• Experience with cloud-hosted, web and mobile application automated testing platforms (AWS Device Farm, Saucelabs, BrowserStack, etc.)
• Knowledge of how to build automated build-and-test pipeline for mobile apps
• Experience with version control systems such as Git
• Exposure to development and automation for cloud-based micro services
• Container-based development environments (Docker, Rocket, etc.)
• Media/Entertainment Experience
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx81xz-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.