Sr. Manager, Revenue and Technical Accounting
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
• Liaison with business operators and finance counterparts on accounting for various transactions and ensure understanding and proper documentation to follow.
• Oversight of the international Fandango businesses ensuring all financials are complete and accurate based on review.
• Main point of contact for internal and external audit deliverables
• Coordination of the WB financial statements, deliverables and communication directly with the partner.
• Review journal entries as part of monthly and quarterly close in accordance with GAAP.
• Review data requests for NBCU and Comcast for corporate quarterly reporting.
• Review balance sheet packages for review monthly.
• Assist team with various ad-hoc reporting requests, account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and quarterly close process.
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
• Ownership of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Lead Fandango implementation of new corporate initiatives (i.e. SAP Fixed Assets)
• Lead and manage team including review of work and providing timely feedback.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• Public Accounting Experience preferred
• Minimum of 10 years accounting experience
• Computer skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Communication Skills – ability to communicate clearly and professionally in conversations, communications and interactions with others. Conscientious, enthusiastic and tactful personality with positive, friendly and team-oriented attitude.
• Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – ability to tackle a problem by using a logical and systematic approach; anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action. Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical, writing, mathematical and computer skills.
• Leadership Skills – Ability to think and work independently as well as the ability to work co-operatively with others to produce innovative solutions
• Managing Change Skills – ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve Golf Channel's effectiveness; support and implement organizational change; and help others to successfully manage organizational change.
• Goal-Oriented Skills – Capacity to juggle multiple projects without sacrificing quality and professionalism. Ability to focus on the desired result of their work. Must seize positive opportunities that will benefit the company.
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance