Fandango is looking for Senior and Staff level Data Engineers. As a data engineer working on our data systems and services, you will work with and/or lead a team of other data engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango's business. We expect our data engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great things for fellow movie fans.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve data systems and services
• Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
• Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile data systems and services
• Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
• Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a data engineer
• Professional experience in one or more of the following programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
• Experience in Data Warehousing (Relational and dimensional data modeling)
• Experience with distributed data storage and large-data processing (Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Hive)
• Experience with AWS data management (S3, Redshift, DynamoDB) and related tools (Athena, EMR, Glue)
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• Experience with Talend, Informatica, or other off-the-shelf ETL tools
• Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods
• Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
• Experience designing and building data warehousing and/or analytics platforms
• Experience with data modeling and/or architecture
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Passionate about big data concepts: data lakes, data mining, data streaming, data warehousing
• Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
• Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other data engineers succeed
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Can take initiative to independently solve issues
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnyej-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.