Fandango is looking for Front End Software Engineers. As a software engineer working on our customer facing web sites, you will work with a team of other software engineers to deliver projects and features critical to Fandango's business. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display initiative, and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
• Build and release features for high-profile eCommerce sites
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
• Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
• Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
• Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a front end or full-stack capacity
• A deep understanding of current web software design patterns and principles
• Experience with one or more modern front-end frameworks/libraries such as React/Redux, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, etc.
• Experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
• A solid understanding of key web development principles such as DOM hierarchy and manipulation, semantic markup, performance optimization strategies, responsive vs. adaptive layouts, etc.
• Working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
• Strong sense of web design and attention to the fundamentals of user experience
• Familiarity with front end workflow/build system and productivity tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Next.js, etc.
• Experience with analytics platforms, A/B testing frameworks and ad serving technology
• Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
• Excited to learn from and contribute to the software engineering team
• Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help others succeed
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Can take initiative to independently solve issues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxy0x-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.