Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Fandango is looking for Back End Software QA Engineers at level 2. As a level 2 software QA engineer working on our systems and services, you will work with a team of other software QA engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango's business. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
• The Back End QE level 2 Engineer is responsible for Vudu's backend architecture
• Work with senior team members to cover server release feature testing, performance and stress testing, system monitoring
• Interact with Product Managers, developers and other Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
• Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc)
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 1-3 years of hands-on experience
• Knowledge of multi-tier architecture with scalability, performance
• Programming experience with Java, Shell, Perl, Python, or any other scripting languages
• Hands-on experience with database usage
• Skills in Linux required
• Knowledge of RESTful APIs, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
• Excellent communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills required
• Good understanding of software development life cycle and QA processes
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Can take initiative to solve issues
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3yp0-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.