IT Sourcing Director
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and Disney+ offerings. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability.
As a Sr. Software Engineer – Solutions Architect you will be responsible for the client engineering solution architecture and design, as well as integration and delivery for technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Sr. Software Engineer – Solutions Architect to coordinate with engineering leaders from various disciplines (client applications, commerce, content engineering, infrastructure, data/information, core services) to define the most effective solution to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate should have full-stack experience in mobile, web and OTT, and requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various software and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with highly integrated and mission-critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is effective for each respective group.
• Coordinate between business and engineering and product stakeholders to develop a solution architecture approach
• Assess market technology choices to determine fit.
• Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs.
• Designs, develops, and dissemination technical strategy across front and back end engineering teams
• Interfaces with product and backend services representing all front end client apps
• Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
• 4+ years of experience in architecting and designing complex digital systems, SOA Services and databases in large companies
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives across various teams.
• Strong technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile (Android & iOS architecture) and Web Apps, Messaging, Databases, Cloud, Big Data, Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks, and their Interactions
• Architect and design APIs via OpenAPI specification
• Experience delivering distributed systems in production environments
• Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
• Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
• Demonstrated skills in partnering with various architecture disciplines in software development
• Innovative ideas to reduce the overall cost of deliverables with improved quality and time to market
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task amongst several priorities.
• Strong ability to influence without authority
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant industry experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.