Sr. Manager, Marketing
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Service is looking for a Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager to support short and long-term strategic planning for ESPN+. The Manager will play a vital role in developing and evaluating marketing business performance, partnering closely with finance and operational teams to identify our most effective business drivers and conversion events.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in long-term business planning & marketing analysis, with a focus on growing an engaged, high value userbase for our product. They are comfortable managing valuation analyses such as modeling, scenario testing, etc. to inform Marketing Leadership in its decision-making process for content planning and promotional support.
The Manager will develop and present strategic plans and frameworks for both small and large business initiatives, under the direction of the Director, Marketing Strategy & Planning. They should be well-informed on emerging trends in the direct-to-consumer and sports streaming landscape.
• Play an active role in business planning efforts to ensure ESPN+ marketing programs are best positioned for success. Provide planning support for performance marketing, retention, lifecycle and on-platform activities as needed.
• Draft integrated marketing plans, strategies and forecasts for new ESPN+ business initiatives. Provide market trends and insights for senior management to ensure effective decision-making.
• Track key marketing programs to monthly and quarterly KPIs, helping identify campaign performance success and optimize future planning efforts to improve user lifetime value.
• Partner with Media, Lifecycle, Product, Analytics, and Creative teams to influence key growth areas, campaign strategy, and messaging.
• Support and sometimes lead strategic and financial analysis of ongoing growth marketing programs. Identify potential risks and opportunities for improvement.
• Support ongoing cohort analysis and profile development to plan targeted messaging, thereby driving cohort engagement.
• Deliver multiple projects involving cross-team deliverables and accountability.
• 4+ years in investment banking, management consulting, strategic planning, and/or corporate strategy, ideally in the sports or digital subscription space
• MBA from top tier business school preferred
• Multi-channel marketing experience with a thorough understanding of acquisition, engagement, and retention disciplines
• Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
• Experience in cross-functional team alignment and strategic planning
• Confident presenter and storyteller who can effectively convey POVs and strategies to internal teams and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports and communicate actionable results, findings and recommendations
• Balance of creative and analytical thinking
• Comfortable navigating complex and highly matrixed businesses
• Sports fan a must
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.