Senior Director Technology Vendor Management
New York, NY
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Analyst to join our Subscriber Analytics team to support the design, build and testing of subscriber reporting. Focused on ESPN+, they will maintain the core business logic used to measure subscriber growth across ESPN+ products. The analyst will support operation analytics and reporting for Business Operations, Finance, and Product, ensuring a stable and robust reporting ecosystem. The analyst will partner closely with Disney+ Core Growth to enable unified accounting of subscribers across Disney Streaming Services-operated services. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with reporting and communicating data. You will be working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations and the delivery of organized insights and ideas for rapid and clear communication.
The Subscriber Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team's work will drive the development of business and operational plans that are expected to have broad influence at all levels of the organization.
• Create, deliver and continuously improve our measurement methodologies around ESPN+ subscriber growth. Ask good questions, generate hypotheses.
• Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities to drive growth.
• Understand the underlying systems and business processes that populate critical datasets
• Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
• Facilitate coordination and communication across teams (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, analytics, Product, Engineering) to drive consistent measurement and align takeaways
• Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
• Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
• Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
• Build forecasting andtomate reports and dashboards that provide insights into business measurement and effectiveness
• Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to tell stories with data
• Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
• 7+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
• Proficiency with SQL
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
• Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. It's a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
• Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
• Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
• Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.