Director Marketing Planning
New York, NY
Disney Streaming is looking for a Director Marketing Strategy and Planning to lead strategic planning for ESPN+. The Director Marketing Strategy and Planning will develop the cross-channel promotional roadmap aligned to key content moments and conversion events. The ideal candidate should be proficient in cohort analysis, segmentation and targeting to develop marketing plans with the goal of growing an engaged userbase. Our ideal candidate is experienced with direct-response campaigns and subscription-based products.
• Development of the strategic promotional roadmap that aligns ESPN+ content strategy with marketing executions.
• Ongoing cohort analysis and profile development to plan targeted messaging driving cohort engagement.
• Partner with Media, Lifecycle, Product Development, Analytics, and Design teams to influence key growth areas, campaign strategy, and messaging
• Define KPIs to measure roadmap success and forecast performance to inform accurate planning
• Imagine, test, and iterate new conversion tactics across owned platforms, digital platforms, and emerging technology
• Drive optimizations based on analytical insights and data to show positive return on marketing efforts, continuously improving user lifetime value
• Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
• Manage a team of at least three people
• 7+ years of multi-channel marketing experience with a thorough understanding of engagement, retention, and analytics, comfortable with organic and paid disciplines
• Collaborative leader comfortable with complex, cross-functional projects across teams
• Clear understanding of full funnel marketing, digital media KPIs and attribution.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports and communicate actionable results, findings and recommendations.
• Balance of creative and analytical thinking
• Sports fan a must
• Proven track record of delivering growth from multiple digital advertising sources, and executing key analyses with minimal supervision.
• Experience leading cross-functional team alignment and strategic planning
• A self-starter capable of working independently but also as part of a team
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
Bachelor degree in a related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj5mx-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.