What We Do
In the Corporate Strategy team, we partner closely with Epic's senior executives to formulate and implement strategy across the full spectrum of Epic's businesses, from Fortnite to the Unreal Engine and beyond. The team develops, drives, and delivers a variety of high profile strategic initiatives and thought leadership, covering areas like: industry trends and competitive dynamics, organic and inorganic growth strategy, company-level portfolio management, new business development, product strategy, and a range of execution-oriented special projects to constantly improve and drive our business forward.
What You'll Do
The Director, Corporate Strategy will be a key leader in Epic's Corporate Strategy team, reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy. You'll be responsible for working closely with leaders across a dynamic, fast-paced organization to identify and address unmet needs and opportunities to grow and improve Epic's businesses. You'll also be responsible for day-to-day execution of a portfolio of strategic initiatives while guiding and developing individual team members in their project work and professional development at Epic. You'll have a high degree of autonomy with the expectation that you'll be fully accountable for full project lifecycles, from initial scoping to daily project team management to execution and delivery of successful project outcomes.
In This Role You Will
• Build strong relationships and partner closely with senior leaders across Epic to drive clarity, focus and alignment around Epic's overall company strategy, priorities, and sequencing
• Proactively identify and address unmet needs and opportunities to grow and improve Epic's businesses by proposing and gaining buy-in and consensus for new initiatives
• Ensure successful execution of a portfolio of strategic initiatives and thought leadership to support Epic's growth plans and operational improvements
• Maintain a solid working knowledge and awareness of trends and competitive dynamics in the Games, Media & Entertainment, and Technology industries to identify opportunities for Epic's businesses
• Constantly immerse yourself, and become expert in the core business drivers, operational dynamics, and growth strategies of Epic's entire portfolio of businesses
This role uniquely positions the individual to be a key contributor in shaping the future of the business, and for an accelerated career trajectory in business leadership, strategy or finance.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with a strong academic record
• MBA or advanced degree is preferred and at least 8+ years total experience in corporate strategy & development, management consulting, product strategy, strategic finance, or related fields
• 2 additional years' experience in lieu of an advanced degree
• Proven ability to build strong, trusting relationships with senior stakeholders to help them break down complex problems, and then present those stakeholders with compelling, actionable insights and execution-oriented deliverables
• Proven ability to effectively lead and mentor project teams and own multiple cross-functional initiatives from concept through delivery of successful project outcomes with little oversight
• A hypothesis-driven orientation, customer-centric sensibilities, and structured quantitative and qualitative approach to problem solving
• Intrinsically motivated, proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, with an ability to work cross-functionally and at all levels within the organization
• Deep expertise and work experience in industries like Games, Media & Entertainment, and Consumer Technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqy096-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.