Art at Epic
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
The Art Lead will oversee content on cutting-edge photorealistic projects across industries such as film, tv, manufacturing & games. Above all this role requires an exceptional eye for visual quality and extensive experience creating photorealistic assets.
In This Role You Will
• Lead a team of artists to deliver industry-leading, real-time photoreal content
• Be responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all art, from hero assets to lighting to the final rendered frame.
• Incorporate new technologies and unreleased Unreal Engine features into the content pipeline to create visuals never seen before in real-time.
• Be on the box, leading by example.
• Think creatively in order to maintain visual excellence even when under challenging production conditions
• Help establish the aesthetic, style and tone for a project in cooperation with the stakeholders.
• Interfaces with team and production on a daily basis.
What We're Looking For
• 8+ years industry experience with a credit as a VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, Art Director or Art Lead on game or film projects. Film candidates should have real-time production experience.
• Exceptional eye for visual quality with the ability to communicate feedback clearly to your artists.
• Proven experience building photorealistic images and content.
• Solid understanding of real-time technologies (lighting systems, rendering pipelines, PBR materials) and the ability to pick up new features quickly.
• Strong understanding of color, light and shadow. Understand what it takes to build a beautiful and realistic frame.
• User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
• Production experience in Unreal Engine
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including: Cary, Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Toronto.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw92k2-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.