Production Finance Executive, Original Movies
Santa Monica, CA
Across the Entertainment One content slate including Scripted, Unscripted, Film and Television, the Vice President, Television Production Finance will oversee the day-to-day management of the production finance and accounting function through the production lifecycle from development to wrap and audit for the Television slate. They will work cross-functionally with the Studio divisions including Business and Legal Affairs, Production, Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Creative, and Treasury.
• Oversee the set-up of the show accounting systems and integration of the external production software packages and bank accounts
• Direct production accounting in the implementation of uniform reporting requirements, standard accounting procedures, and oversee daily/weekly show cost reporting
• Responsible for development and production spend reporting to executives
• Review production budgets, hot costs, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Oversight of production purchase orders, accounts payable processing from local production bank accounts, bank reconciliations and approvals.
• Accountable for global reporting of productions financial inputs and outputs within EP accounting system
• Responsible for sourcing and managing production accounting teams and working closely on a day-to-day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Post Accounting oversight
• Partners with the broader team to build policies and procedures ensuring they are uniformly implemented
• Review contractual obligations from legal to ensure accurate payment to talent as well as guild obligations
• Approves production cash flows from production accountants and monitors spend
• Monitors bank accounts and approves bank reconciliations
• Own the production funding processes ensuring productions are accurately funded and in compliance with treasury's hedge program
• Reviews monthly cost report summary for distribution to executive management
• Attends cost report meetings escalating concerns to executives
• Build relationships and collaborate closely with producing partners
• Lead transition of production accounting from development to physical production to post accounting through wrap
• Responsible for oversight of Canadian television spend being managed by Director of Production Accounting
• Collaborate with Production, Legal, Human Resources and Finance management in a cross functional roll to develop and execute long-term strategies, efficiencies, operational processes and controls with various departments of the organization, improving reporting and forecasting to provide transparency into the business and analyzing key business decisions.
• Partner with Corporate Tax, Production management and Production Financing ensuring tax credits are accurately calculated, filed and received timely and there is proper accounting/reporting
• Oversees monthly production reporting such as bank reconciliations, trial balances, and cost reports to Studio finance team
• Responsible for ensuring SOX compliance within productions and performing spot audits
• Experience with union and non-union production and guidelines in a variety of formats
• Experience with direct oversight and leadership of show level Production Accountants
• 10+ years Production Accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• Solid understanding of production insurance, guilds and unions, tax incentives, tax compliance and various types of production audits.
• Movie Magic Budgeting and entertainment industry production accounting software experience required including EP Global Vista, Smart Accounting and other EP products/platforms.
• Strong excel skills a must.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.