Senior Accountant, Reporting and Consolidations
Manager, Treasury (12 month contract)
Reporting to the Senior Director, Accounting, the Treasury Manager will play a key role in managing the day-to-day cash flow activity of the entire Film and Television. Some of the key responsibilities include monitoring the daily cash position, preparing and updating the extended cash forecast, hedging foreign exchange exposures, and reporting of key cash flow metrics on a regular basis to banking partners, senior management, and Group Finance.
• Manage cash receipts and disbursements while simultaneously maintain the daily cash position to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational expenses, debt repayments and investment obligations over the short and long term.
• Work cross-functionally with Sales, Royalties, Operations, Business Affairs and Legal, and Production to identify key components affecting cash flow.
• On a monthly basis, prepare 3-month cash forecast for Group Finance with explanation of variances to budget and forecast.
• Assist with intercompany settlement to follow compliance and cash funding requirements
• Evaluate foreign currency risks and arrange hedging contracts as required to cover exposures.
• Set up hedging strategy for production spending and production collection
• Prepare monthly marked-to-market (MTM) reports and quarterly hedging reserve disclosures for derivatives.
• Maintain authorized signatories for all corporate bank accounts and act as an Administrator for the on-line banking platforms.
• Standardize the process and procedures for treasury functions. Develop policies and guidelines for treasury function to achieve efficiency and accountability
• Identify areas to improve efficiencies across treasury operations.
• Review trends in cash management and treasury operations and evaluate new treasury products.
• Supervise, develop, and mentor 4-5 direct reports
• Assist with monthly, half year and year end management reporting packs as needed.
• Prepare risk management and hedge documentation
• Oversee or participate in ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
• Professional designation (CPA/CA, CGA, CMA or CTP) preferred
• At least 5-7 years treasury/accounting experience in a multi-currency environment
• Thorough understanding of cash management methods, foreign currency transactions, spot FX orders, and hedge contracts
• Technical expertise of US GAAP hedge accounting, compliance testing and documentation requirements is a plus
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong modeling skills are an absolute must
• Ability to understand contract terms and translate the financial impact for forecasting purposes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to think outside the box
• Experience in the media industry is a plus
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a time sensitive manner
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work as a member of a team and independently
What you’ll be a part of:
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.