Legal Affairs Counsel
Santa Monica, CA
The Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Television will be responsible for the negotiation of deals primarily for the acquisition and development of scripted television projects, and some unscripted projects, and seeing those deals through to conclusion of the drafting and negotiation of the resulting agreements, including, among others: producers, creators, underlying rights, directors, and actors.
• The ideal candidate must be able to function independently and to handle a high volume of deals, matters and agreements to support eOne's rapidly growing television businesses.
• Provide general legal advice to creative executives
• Analyze contracts in response to executive’s questions
• Supervise outside counsel
• Assist and guide colleagues to complete negotiations of development and/or production deals as applicable
• Excellent academic credentials, including a JD
• Must be a member of the California bar in good standing
• 10+ years’ experience, with in-house studio television experience preferred
• Well organized, with strict attention to detail
• Outstanding analytic, organizational, negotiation and legal drafting skills
• Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
• A great deal of initiative and ability to work well under pressure.
• Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.