The Senior Manager, Participations is primarily responsible for overseeing the Participation reporting processes. Within our film and television division this includes reporting for equity partners (co-producers, co-financiers, funding agencies) as well as third-party participants, such as talents (e.g., actors, writers, directors, producers), creator, and main licensees.
• Ensure all reporting commitments are met
• Ensure positive relations with business partners
• Oversee the preparation of financial accruals and ensure accuracy
• Manage, motivate and mentor staff
• Provide and analyze required accrual information
• Ensure participation forecasts provided within timed guidelines provided by Director Participations
• Provide forecast information to FP&A team
• Provide information to audit Manager within timelines set by Director Participations
• Interpret complex legal documents and translate in to mathematical formula to determine Participation liabilities
• Maintain strong understanding of Participations contract terms and associated liabilities
• 5 years participation reporting experience in Film and/or TV or related financial experience
• Bachelor degree considered an asset
• 3+ years management experience
• Experience with MS Office
• Detailed oriented and able to multitask with strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Able to interact with various levels within the organization as well as business partners
What you’ll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.