Senior Director, Product Strategy (Mat Cover)
About Entertainment One
eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony, Equestria Girls and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers and Power Rangers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director, Product Strategy, to join us on a 12 month maternity cover and help lead the strategic vision for our preschool subscription portfolio.
Reporting into the VP Digital Preschool, and with support from the Director of Product Management, you will lead a team of Product Managers to build a strong and cohesive portfolio strategy that reflects the division's commercial goals in line with the audience, brand and business priorities.
You will be joining the division at an exciting time, with one successful subscription app – World of Peppa Pig – already in market and two additional products launching this year.
Subscription Portfolio Revenue Growth & Optimisation:
• Leverage and perform deep product analysis, user research, market trends and competitor analysis to identify threats and maximise opportunities for revenue growth across the subscription portfolio.
• Develop the business case for new growth initiatives, considering strategic, commercial and technology value, and build support to get them green lighted.
• Build strong relationships with the Global Brand teams across the wider eOne & Hasbro business, exploring opportunities to create new revenue streams and extend our portfolio, subsequently validating hypotheses for new products and driving towards product-market fit.
• Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the eOne and Hasbro business; collaborate with key stakeholders to create synergies across the Hasbro blueprint.
• Partner with Data & Analytics and Marketing Director to ensure products positioning, pricing and distribution maximise revenue growth.
• Understand how market and policy/standards movements will impact our portfolio and pivot strategy as needed.
Product Management Team Leadership:
• Lead and grow the Product Management team, together with the Director, Product Management, to deliver strong and compelling best-in-class digital products for pre-schoolers. Support Product Managers in driving their roadmaps from idea to productization and launch including design, validation, development, and market positioning
• With a lens on the overall portfolio revenue growth and long-term vision, make cross-functional, strategic trade-offs and prioritize roadmaps to achieve our business goals.
• Create efficiencies across product development – encouraging cross-product alignment, collaboration, and shared learnings across the Product Management team.
• Collaborate closely with external counsel, Business Affairs, and the Product Mangers to ensure all products remain compliant with local regulations relating to the children's digital space i.e., COPPA, GDPR-K, ICO Design Code.
• Drive monetization and business model optimization through design, experimentation, and analysis. Instil a test and learn culture across teams, so that teams are running experiments to test ideas and hypotheses and capture data that we can use to improve or create new end to end customer experiences.
• Forecast revenues for the subscription portfolio and provide regular performance against target updates to senior stakeholders.
• Demonstrable leadership and excellent stakeholder management
• Strong commercial awareness and a sound understanding of product and business dynamics, ideally with digital mobile products
• A data-literate and driven product leader with demonstrable experience improving product metrics and experience through the application of data insights.
• Extensive experience of leadership and Product Strategy-related roles, including a strong understanding of product development and practical experience in design thinking and agile principles.
• Proven track record of delivering on key initiatives and solving complex problems.
• A track record of delivering digital experiences for world-class brands on a global scale.
• Experience of optimising products through testing, analysis, and customer research.
• B2C subscription experience within a digital business.
• A passion for children's brands and a good understanding of customer behaviours and what influences the parents of pre-schoolers.
• Experience working with the challenges inherent with a children's digital product, whether dual audience, UX or compliance.
• Experience working with remote teams is a plus.
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjxbq0-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.