Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel
London, United Kingdom
The Senior Director will draft and negotiate a variety of intellectual property licence agreements and will focus on UK and international television and digital exploitation for some of the world's best loved pre-school brands.
The Senior Director is crucial in delivering all of the legal, contractual and business affairs services for the commercial content distribution of the eOne Family Brands division as part of a small team.
Reporting to the SVP of Business Affairs the Senior Director's role is to be able to close together with the business lead(s) the content sales deals with a commercial common-sense approach.
In this role, your accountabilities and responsibilities are…
Key focus: TV and Digital Exploitation
• Drafting television and digital exploitation licences with broadcasters and streaming platforms across the world
• Drive on-going contract negotiations and closing speeds, to maximise utility to business in terms of rights strategy, ongoing business needs and revenue targets.
• Negotiate and ensure the timely closing of deals with licensees, ensure the best terms possible and manage the contractual process from start to finish.
• Maintain general knowledge of the industry specific and IP/licensing relevant legal landscape.
• Drafting dubbing agreements and dubbing access letters.
• Business partnering with the sales teams, assisting on the negotiation of commercial deal points and leading on legal points.
• Advising the content sales teams on IP and legal risks to ensure that our content sales agreements meet our corporate objectives.
• Working closely with the finance team to ensure a transparent flow of information to enable strong financial planning.
• Working in a small team, give guidance where necessary and support the other team members to obtain agreed business goals.
• Help to plan, develop and implement content sales business affairs near and mid-term strategies & objectives across global Family Brands distribution teams.
• Delivering workflow and ongoing analysis of the workflow to the SVP of Business Affairs.
• Create strong working relationships and liaise with the Family Brands content sales team on a regular basis as well as other key departments such as Finance to ensure complete coordination and alignment of workflow which includes other business units and business affairs counterparts that result in synergies across eOne/Hasbro.
To do this role, you will have…
• UK (or similar, e.g. Australian or NZ) qualified lawyer
• Excellent and proven drafting skills (including free drafting)
• Experience in the field of intellectual property law
• Experience in intellectual property licensing law as well as television and digital exploitation
• Ability to deal with 50-80 matters at any given time
• Able to look after their own workload, competently track status of every matter including adopting existing system and reporting into line management on a regular basis
• Able where required to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Good negotiation techniques and an ability to handle commercial as well as legal negotiations if necessary, with supervision plus the ability to close deals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz23k1-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.