London, United Kingdom
Senior Analyst (Revenue), Finance
Entertainment One (eOne) is specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family brands; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers: Rescue Bots and Power Rangers.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join the Family Brands finance team as a senior analyst to own a variety of accounting, reporting and planning responsibilities to deliver accurate, timely results; insight to commercial teams in the business; and model future projected performance.
The role will be critical to the team's delivery on a monthly and quarterly basis and will be ideal for a talented, driven, recently qualified individual that is eager to gain broad exposure to accounting and finance in the entertainment industry and deliver value added support to a thriving business.
Management Accounting & Reporting
The team has a responsibility to provide accurate, timely and informative financial information to the business and to leadership. We report results on a monthly basis in a format that provides context and information with which strategic decisions can be made. You will be expected to support as follows:
• Analyse actual results against budget, forecast and prior year providing insightful commentary on variances through ongoing dialogue with the business.
• Support the analyst on consolidating management accounts from source financial information in multiple systems taking account of varying currencies and inter-company eliminations between the business units within the Family Brands division.
• Support the analyst on submission of business unit results in the consolidation system for relevant business units and reconciliation of submissions to supporting management packs.
• Own revenue recognition for the Family Brands division including analysis of content license deals with TV networks and SVOD platforms (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime) in accordance with group policy.
• Compute accurate accrued and deferred income balance sheet positions with respect to content deals.
• Ensure deal processing and accrual calculations by the analyst are reviewed for accuracy and policy compliance.
• Support the analyst on revenue and commission recognition for the Hasbro Consumer Products business for eOne brands in accordance with group accounting policy and communicate results to the CP commercial finance leads, answering any queries raised.
• Review journal entries made by the analyst to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal control framework.
• Day to day contact with commercial teams providing analysis on an as needed basis to inform and influence sales team processes.
• Provide monthly updates on performance against plan as well as amounts to achieve against quarterly and annual targets in a clear, concise and easily digestible manner.
• Develop analytics and dashboards over time using software such as Power BI to drive improved KPI tracking and the quality of information sharing with the content sales and digital teams.
Financial Planning & Analysis
• Modelling of 3-year revenue budgets and quarterly re-forecasts including data manipulation and analytics from contract management systems.
• Work closely with the commercial teams to derive, model and explain assumptions used in revenue projections ensuring that commercial teams are sufficiently challenged to yield ambitious but achievable targets.
• Support analyst on submissions of the budgets into the consolidation system ensuring submissions accurately reconcile to the budget models.
• Ad-hoc analysis and project work as required by the business.
Required Experience & Competencies
• Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
• Driven and highly accountable for own work product
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Excel and preferably analytics software as Power BI
• Eye for detail and precision
• Positive and team-oriented
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: and local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.