Senior Accountant, Reporting and Consolidations
Oversee all matters related to Guild reporting.
• Ensure all reporting commitments are met
• Ensure positive relations with business partners: union/guilds, and payroll companies
• Ensure residual forecasts provided within timed guidelines provided
• Implement controls and procedures to ensure accuracy of reported information
• Provide and analyze required accrual information
• Provide forecast information to FP&A team
• Provide information to audit Manager within timelines set by Director Residuals
• Manage, motivate and mentor staff
• Interpret various sources of legal and contractual documents and translate in to mathematical formula to determine Residual liabilities
• Maintain strong understanding of Guild contract terms and associated liabilities
• 5 years participation/residual reporting experience in Film and/or TV
• 3+ years management experience
• Bachelors degree in finance related field considered an asset
• Strong MS Excel and modelling skills are essential. You have outstanding ability with formulas, macros, pivot tables and other advanced Excel features
• Detailed oriented and able to multitask with strong problem-solving skills
• Consistent track record to prioritize and handle several tasks in a critical manner
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Able to interact with various levels within the organization as well as business partners
What you’ll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.