Brand Head Of Workforce Planning
As part of the corporate tax team, with a US head office, the Canadian Tax Manager will be responsible for annual filings, tax accounting and business queries relating to eOne's Canadian entities. eOne's Canadian group is comprised of Film and TV, and virtual reality business segments encompassing 8 major entities and as many as 100 smaller subsidiary entities.
Accountable for managing Canadian taxation matters within the eOne's tax function, and the greater Hasbro tax team. Objectives include:
• Ensure timely completion of internally prepared corporate tax filings,
• Coordinate with external advisors on certain tax initiatives,
• Prepare accurate tax accounting for Canadian entities in accordance with US GAAP
• Implement and propose tax planning initiatives to maximize tax opportunities and minimize tax risks,
• Identify and communicate any Canadian tax risks on a timely basis,
• Document various tax matters/positions,
• Manage Canadian tax audit cycle (federally and provincially),
• Liaise with other stakeholders in various locations to facilitate above processes
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with due diligence on potential acquisitions,
• Liaise with Finance teams to ensure any Film/TV tax credits will be earned and received in a timely manner,
• Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to understand commercial transactions occurring during the year,
• Respond to tax queries from the business,
• Consider opportunities for rationalizing existing corporate structure,
• Familiarity with Section 15(2), and US parent, Canadian subsidiary structure
• Monitor any tax sensitive matters – legislation changes, changes in business activity, etc. – to ensure the company is up to date with compliance and risk analysis,
• Tax rate – follow up after filing of tax returns to analyse any changes in effective tax rate for the Canadian group, and ensure timely recognition of return to provisions,
• Indirect Tax – assist Indirect Tax team with identifying potential risks and exposures. Assist Finance teams with routine withholding and GST/HST questions,
• Transfer pricing – assist Transfer Pricing team with identifying and ensuring sufficient documentation exists for all cross-border transactions and finance structures.
• Reporting - preparation of Canadian tax provisions and tax balance proofs for internal forecasting and statutory filings under US GAAP,
• Tax Returns – coordination of all Canadian direct and indirect filings internally and with external advisors or local Finance Directors where applicable (Federal, provincial, T1134, NR4,),
• Tax payments – timely remittance of any payments.
• Tax Audit – develop sufficient documentation to support filing positions for statutory and CRA/provincial tax auditors,
• Respond to tax queries as required and/or coordinate with Finance teams/external advisors,
• Communicate best practices with local teams on various tax matters – withholding tax, expense reports, documentation and retention etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Federal and Provincial tax knowledge,
• Public accounting experience, preferably with exposure to US GAAP,
• Strong tax accounting knowledge,
• CPA designation,
• In-Depth Level 2/In-Depth Level 3 a plus
• 5 -8 years tax experience,
• Experience with tax provision, tax compliance and tax research software as well as MS Office. Longview Tax, SAP, Tax Prep and/or CorpTax a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal,
• Strong ability to process and utilize new information effectively,
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines,
• Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team,
• Experience with intangible heavy corporations,
• Experience in the Entertainment industry would be considered an asset,
What you'll be a part of:
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33kyx-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.