Sr. Tax Accountant
Santa Monica, CA
Operate as the primary point person for the set-up of all production bank accounts, Smart Accounting and Payroll setups and Cashet access across TV, Film, Animation & Family Brands.
Responsible for onboarding and offboarding of Production Accounting personnel with an attention to crew member roles and core functions – taking guidance from each Production Finance Executive.
Provide guidance to production accounting staff on studio requirements, month & quarter-end deliverables, and weekly reporting packages.
Ensure strict adherence to eOne SOX policies pertaining to the opening, closing, and enrollment of appropriate bank signatories as needed and in accordance with eOne policies and or third-party contracts (if applicable).
Maintain Production Accounting Manual outlining all eOne TV & Film policies, procedures and SOX requirements including show set-up, standardized forms, and weekly/wrap reporting.
Maintain Production Accounting Approval Matrix to ensure its appropriateness of production accountant's approval limits based on business needs.
Track, monitor and report on all existing bank accounts, cash balances, and signatories to ensure account reconciliations, signatories, and balances are current. Coordinate reviews with all production finance executives and head of department.
Serve as a liaison between the production, payroll company (EP) and treasury to ensure systems and banking entitlements are operating effectively (e.g. PosPay, ACH, EFT).
Review monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables for Corporate Accounting to include review and ensuring reconciliation of production trial balances (by company, by fiscal year), bank reconciliations, and outstanding loan balance accruals. Requires understanding of financial statements, cost reporting and reconciling production inventory, cash and liabilities to corporate financials.
Participate in turnover meetings from the production accountant to the post accountant and ensure receipt of all accounting matters with a focus on banking, financial statement preparation, and trial balance review.
Assist with wrapping closed productions and preparing month-end reporting as needed.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of production accounting or finance experience required. Field/Location experience a plus
• Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and experience implementing SOX procedures within production accounting groups
• Strong understanding of Production financial statements
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, adherence to corporate procedures and a strong sense of urgency
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Proficiency with Smart Accounting, Scenechronize and Cashet
• Film or TV production related experience required
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
What you'll be a part of:
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkq47-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.