Global Brand Manager
London, United Kingdom
Global Brand Director - My Little Pony (Maternity Cover Contract)
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers: Rescue Bots and Power Rangers.
Develop and drive the brand strategy, longevity and vision for maintained growth of My Little Pony across the Hasbro / eOne Blueprint globally. The Global Brand Director for My Little Pony will have ownership of one of the most enduring brands in the global market, with exceptionally high levels of awareness and affinity already established globally and a brand new relaunch of My Little Pony this year, with a movie launch in 2021 and 2 new series plus other content formats in development for 2022 and beyond. Rebuilding the brand to become a leader again in the girls fashion & lifestyle space and finding growth potential in new markets and categories is a key priority for Hasbro/eOne. In this business-critical and high-profile leadership role, you will partner with multiple functions globally to relaunch the brand, set, align and deliver the long-range global brand strategy and global content production and rollout plans for My Little Pony.
Ownership of global brand strategy and vision for maintained growth of My Little Pony across the full Blueprint – setting 3yr content and commercial priorities through partnership with Production, Toys & Games, Content Sales, Digital Gaming, YouTube & Social Media, Consumer Products, LBE, Promotions, Local Brand Marketing, Legal and Finance, securing alignment on the vision and driving delivery of the strategy with cross-functional partners globally and locally:
• Set brand direction for all content creation (series production, short form, long form, specials, cinema releases, digital, music, audio) – accountable for ensuring storytelling fully delivers brand, toy and wider commercial requirements and partnering closely with relevant T&G and CP leads to understand and deliver against commercial needs
• Ownership of the relationship with the brand's production team, overseeing all content development and providing direction on characters, locations, vehicles, themes, accessories, storytelling, scripts, series arcs, and so forth, always with a 3-series / 3-year vision to ensure overall commercial objectives are met
• Lead the strategic planning and rollout globally of all My Little Pony content to deliver against long-term brand objectives as well as broadcast and retail requirements
• Drive global brand positioning to maximise commercial potential for the organisation, overseeing definition of brand identity and tone of voice across all audience segments with a keen lens on regional needs and consumer / category insights
• Key point of contact for regions / business units to align on needs and strategy, understanding commercial needs and executing against those needs – use sound brand judgement to balance the commercial needs of the organisation with the creative integrity needed to drive brand longevity and manage expectations on both sides
• Drive brand tracking, industry and consumer research initiatives in partnership with global insights team – always be commercially aware of global brand health and performance, anticipating and driving opportunities as well as solving challenges both short/long-term to maximise commercial potential of brand
• Act as thought-leader and global market expert for My Little Pony, sharing and leveraging learnings to inspire and align brand strategies and activation plans across the Blueprint
• Lead and develop the Global My Little Pony Franchise Brand Management Team to successfully activate the brand strategy across the Blueprint, fostering a culture of excellence in partnership and execution, spotting and developing talent for lead roles on upcoming brands in the future.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Significant experience in Brand Strategy / Development / Management within entertainment
• Demonstrated expertise in transforming strategy and vision into actionable plans that deliver on and exceed goals; innovative thinker with an integrated approach to building global brands
• Significant experience of working with international teams, agencies and 3rd party partners and able to demonstrate a global sensibility as well as flexible approach to cultural differences
• Strong commercial acumen, comfortable interpreting and working with financial and performance data; ROI-driven; able to think big picture while remaining close to the detail
• Inspires and recognises strong creative; knows what will resonate with consumers and why; proficient in delivering actionable feedback that enhances execution
• Communicates a vision and brings brand projects/initiatives to life; presents ideas and recommendations in a way that aligns others quickly to support
• Skilled negotiator who's able to work through complex issues and deliver solutions
• Proven experience of managing and motivating small teams of highly skilled brand executives to deliver against meaningful objectives
• Passion (for our brands)
• Dynamism (in finding ways to meet the goal)
• Excellence (in what you expect and deliver)
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.