Director, Production Finance & Accounting (Scripted)
eOne brings to market both original and existing content, through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.
Across the Entertainment One content slate including Scripted, Unscripted, Family, Film and Television, the Director, Television Production Finance & Accounting will work with the VP, Television Production Finance & Accounting leading the day-to-day production finance operations of the Scripted and Family television slate. This role will also support the Feature slate when needed. They will work cross-functionally with the Studio divisions including Business and Legal Affairs, Production, Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Creative, and Treasury. Major responsibilities include:
• Direct production accounting teams working closely on a day-to-day basis to ensure accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Point person for production accounting for the Family Brands team
• Lead the production accounting teams on SOX compliance within productions and performs spot audits
• Act as a key resource to production accountants on studio policies and procedures; provide guidance on corporate structure, flow of funding and intercompany journal entries or bill backs.
• Approve assigned production budgets, hot costs, cost reports, trial balances, bank reconciliations and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants for completeness and accuracy identifying and escalating any concerns
• Directs the workflow and reporting of pre-production costs prior to onboarding of the production accounting team
• Point person for Post Accounting on scripted content managing the wrap accounting process
• Partners with Production Finance reporting team on month end as well as external, internal, guild and network audits
• Partners with the broader team ensuring policies and procedures are uniformly implemented
• Reviews contractual obligations from legal to ensure proper payment to talent as well as guild obligations
• Partner with internal stakeholders on production finance including cash flow projections and cost reporting to drive key decisions.
• Approves production cash flows from production accountants and monitors spend
• Responsible for studio billback process across content
• Shares in the responsibility of sourcing and hire accounting teams
• Directs the transition of production accounting from development to physical production to post accounting through wrap
• Work with physical production, post production, corporate finance, BLA and creative in a collaborative environment
• Experience with union and non-union production and guidelines in a variety of formats
• Experience interacting with show level Production Accountants
• 10+ years Production Accounting experience in a studio enviornment
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• Solid understanding of production insurance, guilds and unions, tax incentives, tax compliance and various types of production audits
• Movie Magic Budgeting and entertainment industry production accounting software experience required including EP Global Vista, Smart Accounting and other EP products/platforms
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
• Strong excel skills a must
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the Recruiting range for this role: $101,922.00 to $175.00 USD . Starting salaries will vary within the stated range based on various factors including but not limited to geographic location, experience, skill set, education, performance, market demands and budgetary considerations. The range listed is just one component of Hasbro's total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Hasbro provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here's a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk8z40-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.