We have an opportunity available for a Business Analyst in our Information Technology team who will play a critical role in process mapping, requirement gathering, data analysis, relationship management, and project and/or operational support.
• Build and detail Business Requirements, gap analysis and support documents for projects related to Entertainment One's Strategic Initiatives.
• Analyze and synthesize stakeholder requirements into actionable items.
• Facilitate stakeholder engagement through interviews, workshops, meetings, and/or training.
• Submit technology estimation (cost benefit analysis) documentation and provide to clients in order to facilitate feasibility assessments on project initiatives.
• Act as a liaison between business and technology groups.
• Provide initiative documentation as deemed necessary.
• Ensure business and system requirements are documented in the form of detailed functional and non-functional requirements and business designs, which meet industry best practices and are consumable by clients, development and testing.
• Provide operational support following the change management process.
• Research existing policies, procedures, methodologies and systems that support the current state and identify changes needed to support revised processes. Work with business and process engineering to identify and build process improvements into design.
• Utilize creative thinking to select the most suitable procedure/approach that results in providing eOne with optimum solutions
• Lead requirement gathering and other sessions with Stakeholders, to capture the requirements and specifications.
• Using negotiating and facilitation skills, resolve issues across competing segments and channels to arrive at optimal solutions for partners. Actively manage client expectations on the BA work package and the initiative overall where providing support.
• Work with the technology team to ensure understanding of the business requirements, use cases and business designs, and obtain approval on the various elements to ensure solution delivery is appropriate and meets business needs
• Support the work packages for the Development, Testing, Communication, Learning, and Implementation teams by conducting walkthroughs, providing clarification and facilitating issue resolution.
• Conduct user training.
• Meet business requests within budget, on time, and within acceptable quality levels. Manage assigned work packages against timelines and within scope and budget; make recommendations on corrective actions if work package deliverables are in jeopardy. Create change requests as required. Document and raise issues for resolution encountered during the requirements definition process.
• Work for consensus and contribute to achievement of team/group goals.
• Provide support in RFP process and vendor management.
• Work to provide continuous improvement and ensure high level of quality in all processes, procedures and results
• Create organized and professional presentation material for clients and partners, communicating recommendations in a logical, eloquent and influential manner. Facilitate and lead discussions as required, preparing documentation to record discussion and follow-up actions.
• At least 5 years of Business Analysis experience.
• You're a hardworking innovator, creator, collaborator, and leader who will be delivering solutions that meet our internal clients' changing needs
• Extensive experience with all aspects of Requirements Management: Business Process Modeling, Use Case modeling, use case specifications, functional and non-functional requirements and interface design
• Well-developed analytical skills with solid attention to detail.
• Experience in business requirements documentation.
• Experience in Use Case creation.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Well-developed writing skills sufficient to create and articulate requirements, ideas, and opinions precisely.
• A University degree in business and/or information technology or equivalent work experience
• Certified business analyst professional or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Shown success in delivering initiatives across multiple business units in a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business and with third party vendors.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and mediation skills.
• Proactive and someone who takes ownership.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• MS Visio experience.
• MS SharePoint experience (preferred).
• Previous Finance system implementation experience (preferred)
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.