On-Air Sports Host
San Francisco, CA
Entercom is looking for a highly motivated VP Digital Distribution & Platform Partnerships to oversee holistic partnerships with top-tier brands across voice, tech, telecom, automotive and emerging categories responsible for the distribution and growth of the RADIO.COM digital product and brand. This role will work closely with the Digital, Sales, Programming, Marketing, Data, and Product teams and Entercom Corporate Development and Senior Management.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves media, and wants to create value at the intersection between industry-leading Audio content and digital technology, with an emphasis at the intersection of voice platforms and automotive content interfaces. The ideal candidate is interested in joining a business development team that facilitates partnerships across all areas of the business. The ideal candidate will have a desire to roll up his/her sleeves and take responsibility for the entire deal-flow process, from business needs and requirements, to partner identification, negotiations and execution, through post-deal handoff and follow through.
The role will be based in San Francisco, Seattle or LA and will report to the EVP, Strategy & Corporate Business Development on the East Coast.
• Execute strategic deals and manage partnerships with key/critical digital distribution & platforms.
• Serve as the primary point-person for relationships between Entercom and partners such as Voice platforms, OTT streaming services, OEMs, device manufacturers, emerging social platforms, and more.
• Responsible for forming strategic deals and managing key relationships with major content & technology platforms, OEMs and other industry partners who will unlock audience and new revenue opportunities.
• Identify & model out opportunities based on industry trends and key areas of alignment between Entercom & 3rd parties, negotiate contracts, and be the point person for key relationships with leading consumer technology, media conglomerates, device manufacturers, and more.
• Work with programming to identify and create new audio experiences for emerging platforms across gaming, messaging, video conferencing, etc.
• Identify untapped co-marketing opportunities across platforms and support digital marketing in executing & optimizing campaigns
• Advocate for Entercom product development team with partners, so that RADIO.COM is always best positioned to be early or first on platform integrations and maintain its position as a need to have content offering
• MBA preferred, but minimum of BA or BS from an accredited 4-year university required.
• 7+ years of experience in digital/content business development and/or syndication for a media or consumer technology company
• Strong knowledge of digital media marketplace.
• Experience in presenting new partnerships and strategies to C-level executives.
• Disciplined, well-organized, efficient and high-quality work output.
• Self-starter who thrives on innovation and driving ideas forward; not afraid to roll sleeves up and get hands dirty.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with extreme attention to detail while maintaining a sense of humor!
• Strategic thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced, always-on, highly fluid start-up environment.
• Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive actions plans and communications.
• Experience meeting multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
Preferred but not required:
• Audiophile and avid podcast listener with a passion for the rapidly evolving audio space
• Keen observer of macro media/tech industry trends and voracious consumer of industry news
• Sports or News junkie, excited about the evolution of the local news outlet
• Consumer tech enthusiast, always ahead of the game w/r/t new apps, games, devices, etc.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers